About MAF – Pro-Military Charity
Move America Forward was initially formed in response to concerns raised by U.S. troops that the news media was frequently presenting inaccurate coverage that often ignored the success of their missions and accomplishments in the War on Terror.
MAF began holding rallies to support the troops where patriots could display their flags and it quickly transformed into a year round care package program. Conducting national bus tours, sending delegations overseas, working with military servicemen and women, pro troop companies, service organizations, and many other supporters from all across the nation to benefit our troops.
Move America Forward (MAF) is a military charity and the nation’s largest grassroots pro-troop organization, MAF is dedicated to supporting the brave men and women of our Armed Forces and their missions to defeat terrorism. MAF is supported by hundreds of thousands of pro-troop activists, veterans, and military families all across the nation who share in our unwavering support.
We work with other non-profits, military service organizations, corporate sponsors, community networks and private citizens to support our Military and demonstrate affirmatively our appreciation and admiration for their service to America.
It is our strong belief that American citizens must be enlisted in the effort to let our troops know that they are in our hearts and prayers and that we will defend their service and honor them here on the homefront while they protect America on the frontlines overseas.
Learn More and Support The Troops Today
- MAF’s Care Package Program has delivered over 315 tons of care packages to the front lines of Afghanistan and Iraq. In partnership with our supporters each Care Package comes with a wide array of popular items requested by our troops. Most importantly they include a personal message from the person who donated the care package. To find out more about other Care Package features like the “Candy Diplomacy” program with our partner the Jelly Belly Candy Company and the other great items in please visit our Troop Care Package Page or see the latest on our Home Page.
- Troopathon – Is an annual eight-hour event we hold every year to help send packages to our troops broadcast live on the web. It has attracted pro-troop celebrities like Gary Sinise, Jon Voight, Duke University’s “Coach K” Mike Krzyzewski and John Deszo Ratzenberger. To donate or find out more please visit our Troopathon Website.
- We have sponsored “Gold Star Parent Trips” to Iraq, in which parents of U.S. soldiers killed in the war have seen first-hand the country where their sons or daughters have sacrificed their lives. In November 2006 and December 2007 these parents met with and thanked U.S. troops serving in Iraq, toured Saddam’s concentration camps and prisons, conferred with Iraqi & U.S. government officials, and spoke with the people of Iraq face-to-face. These Gold Star Parents are outspoken supporters of the mission our men and women are serving in Iraq.
- MAF broadcasts television and radio commercials throughout the nation advocating support for our troops serving heroically in Iraq and Afghanistan and the fight against terrorism. We have also defended our troops from those who have attacked their character, integrity and effectiveness in carrying out their missions. More than 100 million Americans have seen our ads.
- Led the “Voices of Soldiers” Truth Tour – with Move America Forward’s Co-Chairs (Howard Kaloogian & Melanie Morgan) escorting a delegation of radio talk show hosts to Iraq. The talk show hosts interviewed soldiers, providing a forum for them to tell the American people about the accomplishments they are making in Operation Iraqi Freedom and the fight against terrorism. MAF Chairman Melanie Morgan received the Mark Twain Journalism Award for ‘Best Reporting, Live from Iraq’ by the Associated Press as well as other journalism awards for excellence.